A quote by Cmdr. William Adama:
There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.
So I just looked at my own Steam profile and looked at the top 25 games I and the amount of hours I spent on them. Shocked, as per usual. Here's the list, ranked from most to least hours spent on it:
- Borderlands 2 - 425 hrs
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 330 hrs
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - 174 hrs
- Mass Effect 2 - 111 hrs
- Watch_Dogs - 109 hrs
- Mass Effect - 92 hrs
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut - 140 hrs
- Hitman: Absolution - 59 hrs
- Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - 54 hrs
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown - 54 hrs
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - 50 hrs
- Borderlands - 43 hrs
- Shadowrun Returns - 34 hrs
- Alan Wake - 17.8 hrs
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link - 14.0 hrs
- Max Payne 3 - 12.6 hrs
- Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers - 11.9 hrs
- Hitman: Sniper Challenge - 10.0 hrs
- Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut - 5.7 hrs
- Tales from the Borderlands - 5.5 hrs
- Alan Wake's American Nightmare - 5.2 hrs
- Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth - 4.7 hrs
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent - 3.9 hrs
- Remember Me - 3.1 hrs
- SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics - 2.4 hrs
What's important to note is that this doesn't include the games that I own on Origin, which are few, only Dragon Age: Inquisition and Mass Effect 3, but both games that I've spent quite a bit of time on. Probably about 80 hours each. There's also a few games that I have in my Steam library that I bought after having played a pirated version. Like Kane & Lynch, the first three Hitman games and the first two Fallout games. I've also bought some things on Steam that I had bought physically, like the first two Deus Ex games, System Shock 2 and Fallout 3.
Oh, the total time logged played games on Steam: 1724,2. 72 days.
Nurturing physical and mental flexibility and fortitude in all things in life.